Thursday, October 1, 2009

EIGHT.

I figured I should squeeze in another blog post before I head off to Oktoberfest tomorrow morning so here it is!

Last weekend I made a day trip to Brighton, England which is notorious for having a lovely beach/pier and for being the gay capital of England. I absolutely loved Brighton it was so much fun and it was so nice. We lucked out and went on a beautiful day so we managed to get a little sun-kissed laying on the rocky beaches.

This week my friend Craig from Fairfield came to visit me and Lauren from Madrid where he's studying abroad. He arrived on Tuesday and we took him to see Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, London Bridge- all the essentials. Tuesday night we took him to our favorite pub - the Rocket. Wednesday Craig Lauren and I went to Wimbledon seeing as Craig is a tennis fanatic. I have to admit it was cool being there even though there wasnt anything going on at the time. The boards were still up from the summer with the men and women's brackets! Wednesday night consisted of dinner at a pub so Craig could have fish and chips and a chilled out night in the flat so we could plan our weekend trip.

Today since Lauren had class Craig and I went to the London Experience which is underneath London Bridge and gives a theatrical history of London Bridge followed by the scariest haunted house ever called the London Tombs. I found myself screaming bloody murder and then laughing at myself immediately after because I sounded like an idiot wayyy too many times. After getting the crap scared out of us we went to Tate Modern and saw some exhibits featuring Pablo Picasso Roy Lichtenstein Andy Warhol and Henri Matisse. Tate Modern is definitely a museum I would love to go to again.

Tonight we're going to a Fulham V Basel football game- my first one!! Since we have a VERY early flight in the morning and the tube stops running at 12 we're going to head to the area of London where our airport shuttle leaves after the game and hang out at the station until 3 am- a little ambitious but it makes the most sense so we aren't stressing out getting to the station and the airport without access to the tube!

It will all be worth it when tomorrow at 9 am I'll be in Munich, Germany kicking off my Oktoberfest experience- everyone say a little prayer for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment