Saturday, September 5, 2009

TWO

Well, I've touched down just fine over here in London and I have to say thank god for the British or my transition could have been quiet disastrous! I don't advise anyone to try to ride the London Underground from Heathrow airport to Regents Park with three bags of luggage on their first trip to the UK...there's a reason its called the Underground....and there are no lifts- only stairs. Needless to say, myself along with two of my friends Lin and Lauren looked like pathetic Americans about two hours into landing and needed the help of countless Brits to carry our luggage up the stairs. After a lot of blisters and sweat, we made it to Regents College and checked in. We were transported to our flats! and met our RA Solvi who's from Iceland. I'm living in a six person flat but there have only been four of us so far. Its great everyone is in a double with their own bathroom and we have a large living room and fully equipped kitchen complete with the coffee pot and bottle opener.

I didn't have much opportunity to explore London until today because of orientation events but today I ventured to Harrods (!!) and a few other stores. It was glorious and I now know where all of my money is going. SHOPPING. The neighborhood I live in is extremely close to a tube station which is convenient and we are in a sort of little india street - there are approximately 15 indian restaurants in a matter of two blocks....there's one right outside my window actually. There's also a pub on our corner which is a hot spot (along with every other pub) for business men after work which is fun to people watch from our window.

Classes start Monday which I'm looking forward to- its exhausting to fill an entire day without actually having anything to do!

Until next time,
CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh i can't believe you are really there! i have no idea how to get in contact with you. just bookmarked this blog:) love you muffin! enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete